Tape & Floater
San Antonio, TX
The Tape & Floater is responsible for all necessary tape and floating of walls per the specification in the scope of work provided by the customer.
Essential Job Functions
- Fire tape areas as specified per the scope of work.
- Join drywall panels together by using tape and plaster.
- Conceal any imperfections or exposed irregularities in drywall surfaces.
- Layer plaster or spackle with trowels to create a flat surface.
- Sand down rough areas on walls to create a smooth surface.
- Skim the drywall surface with a final layer of plaster in preparation for finishing work.
- Maintain equipment to keep it clean and serviceable.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper terms and vocabulary common to the construction field.
- Ability to quickly use addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Be able to accurately take measurements and have the knowledge to use various scale conversions.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Assess and resolve minor problems.
- Commitment to adhere to the company’s safety rules and guidelines by attending all required meetings and certification training.
- Knowledge of the Paint Process with demonstrated experience in the field.
- Knowledge of the Tape and Float process up to a Level 5 finish out with demonstrated experience in the field.
- Able to accurately distinguish between different colors and shades.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- At least one (1) year of experience as a Floater preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Lift Certification
- Fit Test
- The employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time.
- The employee will frequently require the use of their hands to handle objects, tools, or controls of various machinery.
- Ability to reach arms and hands in various directions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, ability to distinguish between colors, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in physically demanding jobs that include standing, kneeling, bending, lifting 50+ pounds regularly and working at varying heights.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Various environmental conditions, including various temperatures and varying noise levels.
Please download and fill out the above application to the best of your ability. Once complete please upload it in the Completed Application section of the form down below.