San Antonio, TX
Responsible for assisting in the specialty department to complete complex millwork projects in a timely manner. Must have the ability to receive instruction, interpret blueprints, and utilize specialty tools to complete projects with the time line given.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in completing specialty millwork projects.
- Fabricate product as outlined in the approved designs and drawings.
- Be mindful of product completion dates and perform accordingly.
- Receive instruction from production manager and specialty lead.
- Possess knowledge of specialty millwork tools and machines.
- Possess ability to complete specialty products once instruction is provided.
- Knowledge of Architectural woodwork institute (AWI) standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Communication Skills- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to understand and correctly use terms and vocabulary common to the construction field. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a benefit.
- Mathematical Skills- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Ability to take measurements, use various scale conversions as well as determine special restrictions.
- Reasoning Ability- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability assess and resolve minor problems.
- Tool Knowledge- Possess a working knowledge of millwork tools that are used to fabricate specialty projects, i.e.- routers, shapers, screw guns, drills, drill press, sanders, laminate related tools and skills, files, jig saws, table saws, circular saws, planers, etc.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). At least 5 years’ experience in a small to mid- sized commercial or residential millwork plant. Ability to preform in a dynamic and changing workforce as well as being able to work extremely well under pressure. Bilingual- English/Spanish (Preferred)
Forklift and relating osha certifications preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to work in physically demanding jobs, including standing, kneeling, bending, lifting 50+ pounds regularly and working at varying heights.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Various environmental conditions, including various temperatures and varying noise levels.
Please download and fill out the above application to the best of your ability. Once complete please upload it in the Completed Application section of the form down below.