Shipping & Receiving Clerk
San Antonio, TX
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk manages the shipment and receipt of all products, materials and supplies for our warehouse.
Essential Job Functions
- Promptly unloads trucks and deliveries and compares their contents with our records to verify accuracy.
- Accurately sort and stock receivables properly in their designated location(s).
- Maintain an accurate log of the following for record keeping purposes:
- Any damages or discrepancies involving received shipments.
- Space availability in the warehouse.
- Weight and charges of all outgoing shipments.
- Ensures that the count of all physical inventory items are correctly inputted into our database.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and well-organized working environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper terms and vocabulary common to the construction field.
- Ability to quickly use addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to calculate the correct number of inventory items.
- Be able to accurately take measurements and have the knowledge to use various scale conversions.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Assess and resolve minor problems.
- Commitment to adhere to our companies safety rules and guidelines by attending all required meetings and certification training.
- Understands basic electrical and mechanical functionality.
- Knowledge of data entry and inventory software programs.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED (Preferred)
- At least one (1) year of warehouse experience preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- The employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time.
- The employee will frequently require the use of their hands to handle objects, tools, or controls of various machinery.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, ability to distinguish between colors, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in physically demanding jobs that include standing, kneeling, bending, lifting 50+ pounds regularly and working at varying heights.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Various environmental conditions, including various temperatures and varying noise levels.
Travis Millwork, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please download and fill out the above application to the best of your ability. Once complete please upload it in the Completed Application section of the form down below.