San Antonio, TX
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Routinely conduct tests on machines and equipment to diagnose problems and to determine if any parts need to be repaired or replaced.
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards.
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.)
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary.
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality.
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed.
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
- Undertake activities of pest control such as spraying insecticide
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.)
- Assist in budget preparation and ensure it is followed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals, schematics, and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper terms and vocabulary common to the construction field.
- Ability to quickly use addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Be able to accurately take measurements and have the knowledge to use various scale conversions.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Assess and resolve minor problems.
- Commitment to adhere to our companies safety rules and guidelines by attending all required meetings and certification training.
- Knowledge and ability to perform mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair of production machines.
- Knowledge and ability use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED (Preferred)
- One (1) year of maintenance experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- The employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time.
- The employee will frequently require the use of their hands to handle objects, tools, or controls of various machinery.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, ability to distinguish between colors, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in physically demanding jobs that include standing, kneeling, bending, lifting 50+ pounds regularly and working at varying heights.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Various environmental conditions, including various temperatures and varying noise levels.
Travis Millwork, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please download and fill out the above application to the best of your ability. Once complete please upload it in the Completed Application section of the form down below.