San Antonio, TX
The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating forklifts and moving material around warehouses and other industrial sites. The duties would include using forklifts to unload deliveries, stacking boxes for storage, and moving material pallets around the warehouse.
Essential Job Functions
- Maneuvers forklifts safely in busy industrial environments.
- Safely stacks and unstacks large quantities of goods onto shelves or pallets.
- Moves goods from storage areas to loading areas for transport.
- Unloads deliveries and safely relocates the goods to their designated storage areas.
- Ensures that forklift driving areas are free from spills and/or obstructions.
- Regularly checks forklift equipment for faults or damages.
- Uses industrial plastic wraps and wooden pallets to safely stack and package goods for transport.
- Keeps up to date on health and safety requirements and forklift operating procedures.
- Consolidates partial pallets for incoming materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Communication Skills- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Mathematical Skills- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Ability to take measurements, use various scale conversions as well as determine special restrictions.
- Reasoning Ability- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to assess and resolve minor problems.
High School diploma or GED preferred. 1-3 years’ experience driving a forklift and demonstrated attention to detail are necessary. Forklift certification is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to work in physically demanding jobs, including standing, kneeling, bending, lifting 50+ pounds regularly and working at varying heights.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Various environmental conditions, including various temperatures and varying noise levels.
Please download and fill out the above application to the best of your ability. Once complete please upload it in the Completed Application section of the form down below.