San Antonio, TX
The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating forklifts and moving material around the company facilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Maneuver forklifts safely throughout the facility.
- Unload deliveries and safely relocate the items to their designated storage areas.
- Move items from storage areas to other areas of the warehouse.
- Safely stack and unstack large quantities of inventory items onto shelves or pallets.
- Use industrial plastic wrap and wooden pallets to safely stack and package goods for transport.
- Consolidate partial pallets for incoming materials.
- Ensure that forklift driving areas are free from spills and obstructions.
- Regularly check forklift equipment for faults or damages.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper terms and vocabulary common to the construction field.
- Ability to quickly use addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Be able to accurately take measurements and have the knowledge to use various scale conversions.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Assess and resolve minor problems.
- Commitment to adhere to our companies safety rules and guidelines by attending all required meetings and certification training.
- Knowledge of Architectural Woodwork Institute (AWI) standards.
- Knowledge and familiarity with industrial equipment.
- Ability to earn and maintain forklift certification through training.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED (Preferred)
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience operating a forklift
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- The employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time.
- The employee will frequently require the use of their hands to handle objects, tools, or controls of various machinery.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, ability to distinguish between colors, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in physically demanding jobs that include standing, kneeling, bending, lifting 50+ pounds regularly and working at varying heights.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Various environmental conditions, including various temperatures and varying noise levels.
Travis Millwork, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please download and fill out the above application to the best of your ability. Once complete please upload it in the Completed Application section of the form down below.