San Antonio, TX
The Commercial Painter is responsible for the prepping, priming and painting of surfaces in accordance to the specifications detailed in the scope of work provided by the customer.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare required surfaces for painting by sanding and patching where needed.
- Apply the appropriate primer or sealer to prepped surfaces for painting.
- Apply paint to specified surfaces by using various tools such as brushes, rollers, and spray equipment.
- Complete punch list in a timely manner.
- Operate various lifts on an as needed basis.
- Maintain paint equipment to keep it clean and serviceable.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper terms and vocabulary common to the construction field.
- Ability to quickly use addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Be able to accurately take measurements and have the knowledge to use various scale conversions.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Assess and resolve minor problems.
- Commitment to adhere to the company’s safety rules and guidelines by attending all required meetings and certification training.
- Knowledge of the Paint Process with demonstrated experience in the field.
- Knowledge of how to operate and use an airless sprayer.
- Able to accurately distinguish between different colors and shades.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- At least one (1) year of experience as a painter preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Lift Certification
- Fit Test
- The employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time.
- The employee will frequently require the use of their hands to handle objects, tools, or controls of various machinery.
- Ability to reach arms and hands in various directions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, ability to distinguish between colors, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in physically demanding jobs that include standing, kneeling, bending, lifting 50+ pounds regularly and working at varying heights.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Various environmental conditions, including various temperatures and varying noise levels.
Please download and fill out the above application to the best of your ability. Once complete please upload it in the Completed Application section of the form down below.