San Antonio, TX
The Cabinet Finisher is responsible for the final touches to ensure all cabinets are ready for installation.
Essential Job Functions
- Create standard and custom components of cabinets.
- Install all necessary
- Apply the appropriate sealant, varnish, and/or paint to assembled products.
- Inspect each completed product to ensure that it has been assembled accurately, and that all necessary finishes have been applied.
- Provide the appropriate care and maintenance instruction for finished products upon request.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper terms and vocabulary common to the construction field.
- Ability to quickly use addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Be able to accurately take measurements and have the knowledge to use various scale conversions.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Assess and resolve minor problems.
- Commitment to adhere to our companies safety rules and guidelines by attending all required meetings and certification training.
- Knowledge of Architectural Woodwork Institute (AWI) standards.
- Knowledge of the cabinet making process.
- Ability to use table saws, sanders, and various power tools.
- Ability to adapt to and accept constructive feedback and implement necessary corrections in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED (Preferred)
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a cabinet maker or finisher preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- The employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time.
- The employee will frequently require the use of their hands to handle objects, tools, or controls of various machinery.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, ability to distinguish between colors, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in physically demanding jobs that include standing, kneeling, bending, lifting 50+ pounds regularly and working at varying heights.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Various environmental conditions, including various temperatures and varying noise levels.
Travis Millwork, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please download and fill out the above application to the best of your ability. Once complete please upload it in the Completed Application section of the form down below.