Building Maintenance Technician
San Antonio, TX
The Building Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for building and repairing structures with brick, block, stone, and concrete around company property as well as assist the President of the company with offsite projects as needed. General maintenance duties may be necessary to assist the maintenance team.
Essential Job Functions
- Builds and repairs walls, buildings, architectural elements and foundations with brick, stone, block, and concrete.
- Performs general maintenance duties to assist the maintenance team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Communication Skills- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Mathematical Skills- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Ability to take measurements, use various scale conversions as well as determine special restrictions.
- Reasoning Ability- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to assess and resolve minor problems.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience with masonry work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to work in physically demanding jobs, including standing, kneeling, bending, lifting 50+ pounds regularly and working at varying heights.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Various environmental conditions, including various temperatures and varying noise levels.
Please download and fill out the above application to the best of your ability. Once complete please upload it in the Completed Application section of the form down below.