Drafter & Engineer
San Antonio, TX
Perform within PSI systems (Microvellum) to create, modify and release drawings and production data requirements. Prepares data for CNC machinery, production personnel, and material requirements to various specifications using Microvellum and other tools. Supports production and manufacturing and other departments to ensure seamless transfer of information and support of standards and processes.
Essential Job Functions
- Uses AutoCAD and Microvellum to create submittal drawings, modify redlines and release orders to manufacturing.
- Inputs and manages data within QuickBase system according to processes and procedures.
- Collaborates with other departments on field dims, construction methods and other aspects to ensure proper hand offs, execution, and transfer of information.
- Performs material take-offs and works with procurement and other departments ensuring accurate and timely release of material demand. Manages timeliness of receipt of materials to manufacturing and project schedule.
- Releases manufacturing data and machine code to production. Works with Manufacturing to troubleshoot, resolve and streamline data and processes.
- Produces as-built drawings and other related documents for close-out of project.
- Designs and streamlines construction methods to bring efficiencies and increased quality to manufacturing and overall process using design for Manufacturing.
- Create and maintains drawing, materials, and related files in Microvellum and other systems.
- Ensures accuracy of all information and drawings produced, and deadlines are met or exceeded on a consistent basis. Communicates challenges, opportunities, or issues on a timely basis
- Other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Communication Skills- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to understand and correctly use terms and vocabulary common to the construction field. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a benefit.
- Mathematical Skills- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Ability to take measurements, use various scale conversions as well as determine special restrictions.
- Reasoning Ability- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability assess and resolve minor problems.
Bachelor’s in Architecture.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to work in physically demanding jobs, including standing, kneeling, bending, lifting 50+ pounds regularly and working at varying heights.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Various environmental conditions, including various temperatures and varying noise levels.
Please download and fill out the above application to the best of your ability. Once complete please upload it in the Completed Application section of the form down below.